Page 25 of 25 FirstFirst ... 15232425

Thread: Noob's FXR project

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by timg View Post
    Yeah, it went quite well. Doesn't seem to have the same power as my GPR or Waldo FXR's had & the Hoogie CBR flew past me on the drag down to the hairpin. It handles nicely as you'd expect. Probably totally wasted on a slow old git but I'm having fun and that' all that matters for me. The fancy dash was a pain in the arse losing connection with the engine management system after a couple of laps each session. Bloody electrickery. A bit of work to do yet before the BOB. Cheers.
    Hmmm, a trip to Wallace's dyno was a major disappointment. Seems the Aussie forgot to send a few ponies, or should that be brumbies?, with the bike. A whisker over 20hp and bugger all mid range It was supposed to have a few more hp than my FXR, not a few less! No wonder it felt flat compared to the FXR. Bloody Aussies - can't trust 'em

CBR
    IMG_8039(w).jpg

FXR
    IMG_6085.jpg
    Last edited by timg; 12-08-2017 at 01:16 PM.
    Slower than James May

2. The Following User Says Thank You to timg For This Useful Post:

Brendan (Yesterday)

Thanks
    Ok, so engine out to fit the new barrel & piston. More dodgy stuff found Throttle body to intake was just a bit of radiator hose with a massive channel between the throttle body and spigot. So much for a smooth intake tract. Exhaust header has rough daggy welds all through it, obviously never thought to grind the welds inside before adding the next section. Cleaned up what I can reach. The baffle in the muffler was sticking out into the flow restricting that. What a load of shit. Digging into the wiring trying the figure why the dash only works intermittently reveals more shonky stuff. Not exactly the race ready engineering marvel it was supposed to be.

Good thing I guess that I was really after a RS chassis for a bucket build. The rest of the stuff was a bonus if it is was any good. We'll give the engine a thorough going over and replace the poorly executed EFI with an ever reliable Oko carb and ignitech ignition. Hopefully good to go for the BOB.
    IMG_8085(w).jpg

Note the wiring nightmare on the seat supports
    Last edited by timg; 17-08-2017 at 09:23 PM.
    Slower than James May

Thanks
    Wow, looks like it'll be awesome once its finished Tim !!

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by gavimoto View Post
    Wow, looks like it'll be awesome once its finished Tim !!
    Looks as flash as Gav
    20621943_1881501255432579_7774782410360667206_n.jpg
    Unfortunately it turned out to be a bit of a mudguard - shiny on top and shitty underneath.
    Nothing a bit of time and effort can't sort.
    Slower than James May

Thanks
    This will be awesome once you have sorted it Tim! KOR 1 for the next shake down or BOB at levels?

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by kiwipwr View Post
    This will be awesome once you have sorted it Tim! KOR 1 for the next shake down or BOB at levels?
    It was fun playing on it at the HAGD I'd like to have a shakedown before BOB but it will depend on parts arriving and available time.
    Slower than James May

8. The Following User Says Thank You to timg For This Useful Post:

Brendan (Yesterday)

Thanks
    iv gone for the grind as my fxr , time to get stuck in as been locked up for 3 weeks