Page 23 of 30 FirstFirst ... 132122232425 ... LastLast
Results 221 to 230 of 298

Thread: Noob's FXR project

  1. #221
    Senior Member Yow Ling's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Posts
    823
    Thanks
    14
    Thanked 89 Times in 72 Posts
    xl125 a real mans engine
    chaos will take a long time to restore
    george w bush

  2. #222
    Senior Member Yow Ling's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Posts
    823
    Thanks
    14
    Thanked 89 Times in 72 Posts
    Wait for the new rules and fit a motocross 85cc
    or dont wait and fit a 85
    chaos will take a long time to restore
    george w bush

  3. #223
    Senior Member timg's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Rolleston, New Zealand
    Posts
    858
    Thanks
    29
    Thanked 81 Times in 67 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Yow Ling View Post
    Wait for the new rules and fit a motocross 85cc
    or dont wait and fit a 85
    Yeah, saw that come up in the proposals...
    Slower than James May

  4. #224
    Senior Member timg's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Rolleston, New Zealand
    Posts
    858
    Thanks
    29
    Thanked 81 Times in 67 Posts
    Engine weights;
    CBR150 26.1 kg
    FXR150 32.3 kg
    RS125 18.75 kg

    Looks like a significant weight advantage to the CBR over the FXR.
    Anybody know what HP the CBR's are capable of producing? Supposedly they are 17hp standard. Cheers.
    Slower than James May

  5. #225
    Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Posts
    86
    Thanks
    1
    Thanked 11 Times in 10 Posts
    Interesting weights Tim. I'm told that my twin engine is lighter than an FXR - but I'd doubt if it's lighter than a CBR on those figures.

    Looking at the weights, I'm not really surprised that the CBR is getting a reputation for being fragile. Not a lot of excess material left in that design...

  6. #226
    Senior Member timg's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Rolleston, New Zealand
    Posts
    858
    Thanks
    29
    Thanked 81 Times in 67 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Grumph View Post
    Interesting weights Tim. I'm told that my twin engine is lighter than an FXR - but I'd doubt if it's lighter than a CBR on those figures.

    Looking at the weights, I'm not really surprised that the CBR is getting a reputation for being fragile. Not a lot of excess material left in that design...
    I'm leaning towards the CBR. It can be fitted to the RS frame without chopping it and risking the wrath of the GP purists The stdish CBR's seem reliable, they pop when there's no rev limiter in the racy cdi and revved out more than they should be. Still got to get all my ducks in a row yet....
    Slower than James May

  7. The Following User Says Thank You to timg For This Useful Post:

    Brendan (28-05-2017)

  8. #227
    Senior Member timg's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Rolleston, New Zealand
    Posts
    858
    Thanks
    29
    Thanked 81 Times in 67 Posts
    Anybody know of a CBR150 engine looking for a new home? Cheers
    Slower than James May

  9. #228
    Senior Member timg's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Rolleston, New Zealand
    Posts
    858
    Thanks
    29
    Thanked 81 Times in 67 Posts
    Some CBR goodness arrived this morning
    IMG_78031.jpg
    Slower than James May

  10. #229
    Senior Member timg's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Rolleston, New Zealand
    Posts
    858
    Thanks
    29
    Thanked 81 Times in 67 Posts
    A used cylinder rebored for 1.5mm o/s piston.
    Thanks Wallace/Marshland Eng

    IMG_78051.jpg
    Slower than James May

  11. The Following User Says Thank You to timg For This Useful Post:

    Brendan (02-07-2017)

  12. #230
    Senior Member Buddha's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Mancave
    Posts
    721
    Thanks
    21
    Thanked 57 Times in 52 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by timg View Post
    Engine weights;
    CBR150 26.1 kg
    FXR150 32.3 kg
    RS125 18.75 kg

    Looks like a significant weight advantage to the CBR over the FXR.
    Anybody know what HP the CBR's are capable of producing? Supposedly they are 17hp standard. Cheers.
    What's the CBR engine with water and radiator and associated cooling pipework?
    sometimes I wish for falling
    wish for the release
    wish for falling through the air to give me some release
    falling not the problem
    when I'm falling I'm at peace
    its only when i hit the ground it causes all the grief!

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •